Mon, 15 Jan|
Epping Public School
2024 Summer Holiday STEAM Workshop - Sydney
Experience a two-day STEAM workshop packed with fun learning activities at NPE's Summer holiday camp. Students will engage in a series of hands-on projects and activities that will build their understanding of science, engineering, art and technology, through a lens of the oceans!
Time & Location
15 Jan 2024, 9:30 am AEDT – 16 Jan 2024, 3:30 pm AEDT
Epping Public School, Norfolk Rd, Epping NSW 2121, Australia
About the event
Holiday STEAM Workshop
Topic: "Ocean Explorers"
Age group: Year 1-6
Date: 15-16th January 2024, 9:30am-3:30pm
Marine scientists utilise scientific knowledge and skills to design creative solutions and explore unknown depths. Join us this summer and bring your creativity, problem-solving and conservation skills to the next level!
Fascinating Facts about the Ocean:
- The ocean covers more than 70% of the Earth's surface and is home to a diverse range of marine life. Ocean exploration is carried out by underwater vehicles!
- Future explorations aim to send humans to the ocean floor, using advanced technologies to establish underwater research stations.
- The ocean is currently at a serious risk of acidification and rising temperatures, which will affect everyone from turtles to humans!
With a focus on real-world challenges and applications by using cutting-edge technology, students will be able to visualise and experience the ocean in a way that is both educational and engaging. This program is perfect for students who are curious and want to explore their passion for STEAM in a supportive and exciting environment. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to ignite your child's passion for ocean exploration.
- Learn about ocean habitats and conservation
- Investigate how underwater vehicles explore the ocean with LEGO Robotics and design and create a mini-submarines
- Experience immersive environments and interative Antartic adventure game using VR technology
- Learn about the challenges of ocean exploration and the future of underwater research
This program is suitable for girls and boys with curious minds. Girls who attended our STEAM Workshops before loved this program!
- Ticket Price: $240 per ticket (two full days)
- Early-bird discount ends on 10 December 2023. Enter discount code EB10OFF to get $10 off per ticket.
- Joining with siblings or friends? For a group of at least three children, you can enter the group discount code GROUP20OFF at the checkout. The $20 discount will apply to each participant. Please note that only one discount code can be applied at a time.
- We accept NSW Creative Kids Vouchers, claim your $50 off by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teaching Team: The teachers/learning facilitators at New Path Education are professional, experienced, and trained within their professions and have great passion and skills to build up children's essential skills in a creative, innovative, and engaging way. All NPE learning facilitators have WWCC, and have rich experience in teaching and facilitating learning for different age groups. All NPE programs are pedagogically guided, mentored, and reviewed by teachers or educational researchers to ensure their highest quality in content and learning outcome. Get to know more about our wonderful team of talents @ NPE here!
Program Schedule: The educational program starts at 9:30 am and finishes at 3:30 pm. Supervision is provided before and after the program. Parents can drop off from 9-9:30 am and pick up from 3.30-4 pm. During the day, there will be multiple short breaks (morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea), and children will be able to access the playing area during recess.
What to bring: We will provide all devices, equipment, and materials so all your kids need to bring are:
- Lunch, morning and afternoon snack
- Water bottle
- Hat and sunscreen
- Children are to wear comfortable clothes with closed shoes.
Cancellation Policy: Please note the refund is not available after enrollment. If your child is unable to attend the workshop, please notify us as soon as possible via email. We will issue a credit voucher (cancellation fees apply) that can be used in any future NPE programs.
- A 50% cancellation fee is applicable if cancelled four weeks before the workshop (December 18, 2023)
- A 75% cancellation fee is applicable if cancelled two weeks before the workshop (January 1, 2024)
- No credit voucher will be issued if the notification is received within 24 hours before the class
- If your child is unable to attend due to sickness, please get in touch with us for a credit voucher. No cancellation fee will be charged if the medical certificate is provided.
- For notification or any questions, please email us at: email@example.com.
- Sale ends: 15 Jan 2024, 5:00 am AEDT
STEAM Workshop: Ocean Explorer
2 Days / Monday-Tuesday / 15-16 January 2024$240.00