Mon, 10 July|
Epping Public School
2023 Term 2 Holiday Program - Sydney
Experience a two-day STEM workshop packed with fun learning activities at NPE's Winter holiday camp. Students will engage in a series of hands-on projects and activities that will build their understanding of space science, engineering, and technology.
Time & Location
10 July, 9:00 am AEST – 11 July, 4:00 pm AEST
Epping Public School, Norfolk Rd, Epping NSW 2121, Australia
About the event
Topic: STEM Holiday Workshop - "Mission to Mars"
Age group: Year 1-6 (Junior and Senior groups will be separated)
Date: 10-11 July 2023, 9am-4pm
Engineers love solving problems. They use scientific knowledge and skills to design creative solutions and invent new things. Join us this winter and bring your creative problem-solving and engineering skills to the next level!
Do you know these fun facts:
- Mars, also known as the "Red Planet," has a cold and dusty surface with a thin atmosphere mostly made up of carbon dioxide.
- The Mars rovers, including Sojourner, Spirit, Opportunity, Curiosity, and Perseverance, have been sent to explore the Martian surface and gather data. Perseverance, the most recent rover, landed on Mars in February 2021 and is currently searching for signs of past microbial life.
- Mars has two small moons named Phobos and Deimos, which scientists think might be captured asteroids. Phobos is the bigger moon, measuring about 14 miles (22 kilometers) wide, while Deimos is smaller at approximately 8 miles (13 kilometers) wide.
- In the future, scientists and engineers plan to send humans to Mars, aiming to establish a colony. This will require long-duration space travel of about 6 to 9 months, and scientists are studying ways to protect astronauts from the harsh conditions on Mars, including the cold, lack of air, and radiation.
With a focus on real-world challenges and applications by using cutting-edge technology, students will be able to visualise and experience space in a way that is both educational and engaging. This program is perfect for students who are curious and want to explore their passion for STEM in a supportive and exciting environment. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to ignite your child's passion.
- Learn how to design equipment for a habitat on Mars using 3D design and printing tools.
- Investigate how rovers explore Mars and design and create a Mars rover using robotics.
- Experience immersive Martian and outer-space environments using VR technology.
- Learn about the challenges of space exploration and the future of space travel.
* This program is suitable for girls and boys with curious minds. Girls who attended our STEM Club before loved this program!
- Ticket Price: $240 per ticket (two full days)
- Early-bird discount ends on 25 June 2023. Enter discount code EB10OFF to get $10 off per ticket.
- Joining with siblings or friends? For a group of at least three children, you can enter the group discount code GROUP20OFF at the checkout. The $20 discount will apply to each participant. Please note that only one discount code can be applied at a time.
- We accept NSW Creative Kids Voucher, claim your $100 off by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The teachers/learning facilitators at New Path Education are professional, experienced and trained within their professions and have great passion and skills to build up children's essential skills in a creative, innovative and engaging way. All NPE learning facilitators have WWCC and have rich experience in teaching and facilitating learning for different age groups. All NPE programs are pedagogically guided, mentored, and reviewed by teachers or educational researchers to ensure their highest quality in content and learning outcome. Get to know more about our wonderful team of talents @ NPE here!
The educational program starts at 9:30 am and finishes at 3.30 pm. Supervision is provided before and after the program. Parents can drop off from 9-9:30 am and pick up from 3.30-4 pm. During the day there will be multiple short breaks (morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea) and children will be able to access the playing area during recess.
What to bring?
We will provide all devices, equipment and materials so all your kids need to bring are:
- Lunch, morning and afternoon snack
- Water bottle
- Hat and sunscreen
- Children are to wear comfortable clothes with closed shoes. Please note that enclosed shoes are mandatory for safety reasons.
Please note the refund is not available after enrolment. If your child is unable to attend the workshop, please notify us as soon as possible via email. We will issue a credit voucher (cancellation fees apply) that can be used in any future NPE programs.
50% cancellation fee applicable before 26 June 2023
75% cancellation fee applicable before 7 July 2023
No credit voucher will be issued if the notification is received within 24 hours before the class.
If your child is unable to attend due to sickness, please get in touch with us for a credit voucher. No cancellation fee will be charged if the medical certificate is provided.
For notification or any questions, please email us at: email@example.com.
STEM Club - Mission to Mars
2 Days / Monday-Tuesday / 10-11 July 2023$240.00Sale ended